Thursday, July 21, 2005

"Shake it like a Polaroid pickcha..."

Song on the radio last night: "I'll be the rain fallin' on your fire escape..." I don't really get it.

Song on the radio this morning: "Whenever I'm alone with you, You make me feel like I am home again..." I really get it.

Music is so relatable yet so personal all at the same time. I love to hear something that expresses what I had trouble putting into words and at the same time I feel like an intruder reading someone's personal journal. Many times that actually is the case, only the writer is leaving it open. And leaving the interpretation open as well I suppose. Maybe the rain/fire escape really doesn't mean anything so I actually do get it...and home again is really way over my head and I totally don't get it at all.

Ugh. I need to quit trying to get deep and get back to where I belong...doggy paddling. I guess what I'm trying to say is that music is human. Just as lovable, hatable, volatile, raw, flashy, and everything inbetween. Which is cool.

Now on an unrelated "note"...I suddenly want me some bruschetta.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]