Monday, August 22, 2005

Smarter than the Average Bear

I suppose I should update some, but I don't have a camera to include photos! My good friends, Tam & Ellis, are out west visiting Yellowstone National Park and I let them borrow my camera since Ellis's is out of commission. This is the second summer season that Tam's parents have lived and worked at one of the many campsites in Yellowstone. Her dad retired last year and her mom resigned, they packed up their 5th wheel, and they blazed a trail. They are loving it and I'm so happy for them! Here's an email excerpt and some photos from Yellowstone so we can all share in my camera's summer adventure:

We made it safe and sound to YS last night. After the scare in ATL that we wouldn't make it, everything went much better! The weather is beautiful and we are HAPPY HAPPY to be here!!! We are going on a hike later today and we will check out all the animals and wildlife!! Ellis is taking lots of pictures (Thanks Ann for letting us borrow your camera!!) See you soon!!

Hey Y'all!! Just a quick note to say that our first day in Yellowstone was GREAT! We went on a boat ride on Yellowstone Lake, the largest alpine lake at this altitude in North America. Lots of great info! Also, we went on a hike. The weather was perfect! We had a buffalo herd flock the street. We just sat in my dad's truck and watched. (You will have to see Ellis's video and hear his commentary!) Also, last night we saw some coyotes after we left the airport. Have a great day and we wish you were here!!







I'm cat sitting for them while they are gone, and then a friend from work is going on a business trip this week so I'm dog sitting for her as well. She has two dachshunds and they are precious. Just call me Dr. Doolittle...

Currently listening to: Garden State Soundtrack - Various Artists

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]