Monday, September 12, 2005

Acoustic Music for the Soul

Wow, it's been a while since I updated, huh? Well, I guess I've been really busy but were you to ask me what all has been going on I'd say, with all of the certainty in the world, "Nothing much! How bout you?"

I can tell you that I've spent the past two weekends at Chastain Park Amphitheater and I've immensely enjoyed every minute of it! September 3rd was a night with Jack Johnson and September 10th was an evening with the Indigo Girls.

The weather was great for Jack, there were six of us so the company was superb, and he is excellent live. Matt Costa and ALO (which stands for Animal Liberation Orchestra) were the opening acts and not too much to write home about. I was all about it until he sang "Better Together" and dedicated it to his loving wife. No, no, just kidding...it's still a great song even if it wasn't dedicated to me.

And let me just tell you...Emily & Amy rocked out, as they always do, but still! Great weather and company for that one as well. The opening band was Magnapop, which I didn't particularly care for, so I just drank my glass of wine and surveyed my surroundings...great people watching at this one! The Girls commanded the stage and filled the night with the personification of perfect harmony in voice and chords. And with only a mandolin & guitar, guitar & guitar, or banjo & guitar. Their bus driver did come out and accompany them on the keys for one song (how cute is that?!). They also had Three5Human join them at the end for a few songs and they were awesome...I ordered their cd this morning. Emily introduced them saying she didn't know how they weren't top of the charts raging famous by now and I have to say that I totally agree.

My camera is back from summer vacation now, but not in time for me to document the above with photos. So, please accept my apologies for the non-pleasing to the eye post.

And in other news, I was offered the job in Atlanta but ended up not taking it...just wasn't the right fit. So, I'm still located in the ever lovely Southeast Tennessee for now!

Currently listening to: Why Should the Fire Die? - Nickel Creek

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]