Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Klutz Chronicles

I've never thought of myself as klutzy or ungraceful, I took eight years of ballet for goodness sake. But I am definitely being challenged as of late.

Scenario #1:
Picture it...me at the gym on a quad extension machine. I finished my reps and as I was getting up either my foot got caught on the lower bar or my pants leg got hung on the end because I went down face first. You know that feeling of slow motion? Where you know you're falling, you think you can catch yourself, you realize you can't, and then you hit the ground? Yeah, that's exactly what transpired. I'm sure it was quite a hilarious sight, and even though the area was pretty populated, no one laughed TOO loudly.

Scenario #2:
I hadn't been out with some of my girlfriends in a long time so we got together for a girls night. One of my friends was a little down, what with the holidays looming so I sat keeping her company while the others headed to the dance floor. Nik & Mo kept trying to get us to join them so I finally got Mel to go out there. Well, I decided to be a big ham and head out there like a buck out of a pen. And it was apparently pretty funny for the first minute or so. I wasn't drunk...at least I didn't think I was. I'd only had like two and a half beers. I also hadn't had dinner. I think you can see where this is going. I felt the same slow motion scenario with the same results...only this time, Mo broke my fall and we toppled to the ground. Needless to say, I promptly sat right back down.

Scenario #3:
As some of you know, my sister has been having some pregnancy complications so I have been staying with her family to try and help out in whatever way she needs. Well, the day after Christmas, I had just gotten out of the shower and headed to the kitchen to find that my bro-in-law served some homemade soup for lunch. He stuck some in the microwave for me, then went about his merry way. I was chatting with my sister when I realized that the soup had been heating for an awfully long time...like three or four minutes. Sidenote: my mom had gotten me one of those old lady velour suits for Christmas...yeah, laugh all you want, but that shit is comfy! So, I tried to get the bowl out, WITH a pot holder, but it was so hot that I had to throw it down really fast, consequently scalding my hand, getting it all over the microwave, the floor, and my new velour granny suit that I'd been wearing for less than ten minutes.

Scenario #4:
Basically, while trying to straighten up some of the post Christmas mayhem, I stepped over my niece's little oak rocker and as with the same token in scenarios 1 & 2, I plummeted to the ground. At this point I just rolled over on my back, laughing hysterically...as that's all you can do when you bust it right in front of your family, and yelled, "I GIVE UP!"

Yes, all of this was in a span of about 4 or 5 days. I'm telling you, my legs look like I need to be checked into a battered women's shelter.

I'm reminded of my beloved Bridget: "Suddenly feel like a screen goddess in manor of Grace Kelly, only slightly less graceful under pressure..."

Currently listening to: Arriving - Chris Tomlin

Comments:
***unrelated***

I just thought of something funny- one time, SMLC told me that she got jealous of you cause you were always posting comments on my blog and getting my attention.

I told you- the jealous ones are the liars and cheaters!!! Believe it!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]